Wednesday, April 19, 2017

In honor of Autism awareness Month, 29 Acres Shines a Light on "Huddy!"


April is Autism Awareness Month

Thanks to Autism Speaks, thousands of landmarks,  businesses, houses of worship and communities in over 150 countries will  Light It Up Blue in April to raise global awareness of Autism spectrum disorder.
 29 Acres will proudly shine the light on individuals with autism  every day for the month of April. We want to raise awareness of autism spectrum disorder in our own community and we hope we do that by sharing their stories.

MEET "HUDDY"


Hi, my name is Hudson Foley – but everyone calls me Huddy. I live in Frisco Texas and I go to school at “It’s a Sensory World” in Dallas.  I’ve known some of the teachers there for over 10 years – they’ve helped me make a lot of progress.  My favorite thing to do is to go swimming.  I’ve always been a water baby! My record (when I was younger) was a 2 hour and 45 minute bath – I would have kept going but my parents made me get out.  Being in the water is so relaxing for me and it helps me deal with my sensory issues.  I’m a huge Disney fan too – I love all the songs.  My favorite movie is Mary Poppins.  And like so many other kids on the spectrum I love trains.  I’ve got all the Thomas the Train videos.

I’m looking forward to living and being part of the 29 Acres community.  It will be awesome to make friends and still be close to family.





In honor of the thousands of individuals living with autism in our Texas communities who are in need of quality housing and ongoing support, please consider supporting this project.  29 Acres is a registered 501C3 and all donations are tax deductible.
                                  You can donate at http://www.29acres.org/donate



The 29 Acres mission is to elevate the quality of life for adults across the  autism spectrum by creating a dynamic housing community enriched with customized programming and support where every person will be empowered to live with purpose and joy.