Tuesday, April 11, 2017

In honor of Autism Awareness Month, 29 Acres Shines the Light on CHANDLER!


April is Autism Awareness Month

Thanks to Autism Speaks, thousands of landmarks (including the White House),  businesses, houses of worship and communities in over 150 countries will  Light It Up Blue in April to raise global awareness of Autism spectrum disorder.
 29 Acres will proudly shine the light on individuals with autism  every day for the month of April. We want to raise awareness of autism spectrum disorder in our own community and we hope we do that by sharing their stories.

MEET CHANDLER


I am 18 years old. Autism affects all areas of my life, but I have great parents and a team that supports me at home, school and in the community.  I will need support my entire life to continue to enjoy all the things that I like to do including my micro enterprise Wild Bird Seed business.


To view some exciting coverage about Seeds for Autism go to: 



For fun, I love all things to do with water whether it is the ocean, lake or a pool.  I like to ride on boats, jet skis and being pulled on an inner tube. 


I am good at swimming, bowling and ice skating.  I also love to watch movies and play the Wii.

 I like to work in an environment that is not too noisy.   My bird seed business allows me to use all the skills I have learned in the setting of a functional business!

What I like about 29 Acres is that I will be able to live on my own, but be supported in the areas where i need support.  I will be able to work toward being more and more independent. I will be part of a community where I will be able to enjoy living, working and recreating with friends.  But most of all I will live close to my brother. He lives in Plano, Texas!



In honor of the thousands of individuals living with autism in our Texas communities who are in need of quality housing and ongoing support, please consider supporting this project.  29 Acres is a registered 501C3 and all donations are tax deductible.
You can donate at http://www.29acres.org/donate

The 29 Acres mission is to elevate the quality of life for adults across the  autism spectrum by creating a dynamic housing community enriched with customized programming and support where every person will be empowered to live with purpose and joy.