Wednesday, April 5, 2017

In honor of Autism Awareness Month, 29 Acres Shines the Light on RYAN!


April is Autism Awareness Month

Thanks to Autism Speaks, thousands of landmarks (including the White House),  businesses, houses of worship and communities in over 150 countries will  Light It Up Blue in April to raise global awareness of Autism spectrum disorder.

 29 Acres will proudly shine the light on individuals with autism  every day for the month of April. We want to raise awareness of autism spectrum disorder in our own community and we hope we do that by sharing their stories.

MEET RYAN


Autism mean you learn in a different way than other people do.
Everyday, I try to learn something new so I can make friends and take better care of myself. I want to do new things just like my older brothers. My parents tell me that I will do things a little bit different than they do, but I will do things that work for me and that keep me happy and busy.


My idea of fun is to play Super Smash Brothers with my brother. I also like to bowl and swim. I have also been taking violin and piano lessons for several years. 


I am in the Frisco ISD 18+ program and they are helping me find out what work I like best. I had an internship at the Hampton Inn where I cleaned the breakfast area, vacuumed and folded towels. They said I was a very independent and conscientious employee! I am about to begin my next internship rotation at Home Depot. I'm excited to see what I will learn there! Because I like calendars and schedules, and I like to stay busy, I make sure Mom and Dad don't forget anything!

I want to grow up on my own, like my 2 older brothers. They have jobs and friends and still see me, Mom and Dad whenever they can. 29 Acres would give me a home close to my family where I can have my own life and be able to share it with friends who are like me.

         


In honor of the thousands of individuals living with autism in our Texas communities who are in need of quality housing and ongoing support, please consider supporting this project. 29 Acres is a registered 501C3 and all donations are tax deductible.
You can donate at http://www.29acres.org/donate







The 29 Acres mission is to elevate the quality of life for adults across the  autism spectrum by creating a dynamic housing community enriched with customized programming and support where every person will be empowered to live with purpose and joy.